SEE the casts of thousands,
SEE the greatest actors,
and SEE the greatest directors
all joined together under one bloggy tent!
Alright, alright...maybe you can't quite "see" these films on celluloid but if you put on your super-duper high-powered fantasy envisioning goggles you can get a really clear picture of what they may have looked like.
Fantasies, adventures, mysteries, dramas, sultry romances, horrors and tales of suspense are all to be had for the price of a mere flick of the wrist and a click of the finger. Now is the day to take a journey into someone else's imagination and see the films that they wished could have been made, but never were! That's what the Great Imaginary Film blogathon is all about!
This isn't the circus of Dr. Lao ...
and you won't see any man eating tigers...
but you will read about alot of great fantasy films!!
So have fun all! Be sure to leave comments for these immensely imaginative bloggers. We also thought we would post a poll ( look to your right ) so you can VOTE for your favorite film idea. ( It was a last-minute idea! )
- Patti will be sharing on her blog, They Don't Make 'Em Like They Use To, her version of what she would have liked the ending of "A Place in the Sun" to be like. This post is apart of her month-long celebration of Montgomery Clift. Click here to read all about it.
- Hamlette of Hamlette's Soliloquy has devised a delicious 1943 film noir version of Shakespeare's Hamlet, aptly entitled "Murder Most Foul". What dreams may come of this!
- Dan Day Jr. will be featuring his 1966 Hammer/Toho production "Godvilla Vs. England" over at The Hitless Wonder Movie Blog. That's bound to "B" good.
- Fritzi Kramer will gather up all the golden stars of the silent era and feature them in one United Artists movie extravaganza "The Golden Challenge". Douglas Fairbanks, Mary Pickford, John Barrymore and Pola Negri race after a fortune in gold that is hidden in the desert. Check out this exciting event at Movies Silently.
- Margaret Perry will be sharing her list of the Best Hepburn Films that were never made on her blog, The Great Katharine Hepburn. Christopher Columbus! she got a maahvelous idea.
- A Mythical Monkey has written up a scathingly brilliant interpretation of a film that just NEEDS to be made...Model Railroader Magazine : The Movie starring Buster Keaton. We're sure Walt Disney would have taken up this story to produce.