Sunday, March 19, 2017

The Impossibly Difficult Name that Movie Game

Twenty singing school girls all in a row, featured in a scene from a film you all know. Tell us the title of this film and you'll win a prize! Simply, isn't it? Or perhaps not.......

As always, if you are not familiar with the rules to The Impossibly Difficult Name that Movie game or the prize, click here!

GAME OVER

Congratulations to The Tactful Typist for correctly identifying this scene from Portrait of Jennie ( 1948 )! This girls choir was performing when Eben Adams ( Joseph Cotten ) went to visit Jennie ( Jennifer Jones ) at her convent school to witness some of her friends who were taking the veil.

5 comments:

  1. I'm probably wrong, but I want to say that it's a scene from the movie A Canterbury Tale by Powell/Pressburger. I'd also like to add that I'm a fan of their films, not to mention, Roger Livesay!!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, who cannot love A Canterbury Tale? It's such a beautiful film with a good message. This does indeed seem like a scene from the movie, but The Tactful Typist guessed correctly....it's from Portrait of Jennie ( 1948 ).

      Delete
  2. I LOVE A Canterbury Tale, but I think this is a still from Portrait of Jenny,, made in 1948.
    I thinkPortrait of Jenny has the most beautifully photographed black and white imagery post silent era! Tho it is an odd tale of romance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am impressed! You are correct, of course. This was a brief - and beautiful - scene from the movie. What an eye you have! Click on the Contact Us tab and send us an email with the subject "Impossibly Difficult" to claim your prize.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations Tactful Typist:) I think I knew that it wasn't from A Cantebury Tale, but for some reason that's the movie that the scene screamed out to me.

    I have seen Portrait of Jennie, but can't say that I like it. I have never been able to find a liking for Jennifer Jones. Oh well.

    Betty

    ReplyDelete