Thursday, October 6, 2016

Upcoming Blogathon! The Return of the Great Imaginary Film Blogathon!

Abracadabra, ala kazam! 

UPDATE: This event is currently running and the list of participants can be found here. 

Look into my crystal ball....watch closely as beloved films of the golden age suddenly change before your very eyes, and sparkling new imaginary films rise before you. Poof!! With a wave of Madame Lasagna's hand and a generous sprinkling of pixie dust tossed into your face you'll be amazed at all the wondrous film plots you yourself will be creating. 

Three years ago, Silver Scenes hosted its very first blogathon "The Great Imaginary Film Blogathon". It was a resounding success, and today we are pleased to announce the return of The Great Imaginary Film Blogathon! 

This magical event is your opportunity to travel back in time and rewrite the films of yor....or speed ahead into the future and create an entirely new film. 

Have you ever read a great book and wished it had been turned into a motion picture?
Have you ever seen a silent, or pre-code film, and wished it had been remade with just a little more "punch" added to it?
Have you ever seen a new film and wished a version of it had been made in the 1930s, or 1940s, or 1950s?
Have you ever seen a film, loved it to death, but wished the main actor/actress had been someone different?
What silly questions...of course you've thought of this before! EVERYONE has exited a movie theatre thinking of all the changes they would have made to the film they just saw. Or read a book and pictured [ your favorite actor ] in the lead. Or wondered "What was William Castle thinking when he made Berserk? I could make a better film than that!" ( and you probably can ).

Well, here is your chance to play producer.....you pick the script, the stars, and the studio. Look into your crystal ball and conjure up an imaginary film and then review it for your readers. That's what The Great Imaginary Film Blogathon is all about. 
Now you can review about all those wonderful movies that have existed only in your mind.....and anything you can conceive, you can share!

Still confused? Check out some of the entries from our last Imaginary Film Blogathon here on The Master List. 

We can't wait to get started and see what scathingly brilliant pictures you see in your magic ball. But before you start to concoct movie history though let's talk a bit about some of the rules:

Rule Number One - If you wish to write about a film that was never made, please include the following..

- title
- year of production
- at least four cast members
- the studio that you hoped would have released the film
- whether the film is in color or black/white
- basic plot

Imaginary TV Movies are welcome as well.

Rule Number Two - If you wish to create a photo gallery of film ideas please attach a title and small plot summary with your pics. A tv guide sized nugget review will do nicely.

Rule Number Three - If you wish to create a gif...good luck! We have no idea how you would go about doing that.

Rule Number Four - All films created should be dated pre-1975. Afterall, this is a classic film site.

Rule Number Five - There are no rules. Disregard all of the above if you want to do something differently.
The Great Film Blogathon will run from November 11-13, 2016. Exact dates for posting will not be assigned, just so long as you post within that time frame you're good to go. We will post a master list of participants and their topics on the first day of the blogathon. That means you got a whole month to gaze into your crystal ball and conjure up an imaginary film.

Any questions? ...Then let the fun begin!

Look into your inbox this week for an invitation to the event, or sign-up by leaving your name and blog url address in the comment box below. ALL bloggers are welcome!

P.S. : If you don't want to join, please help spread the word about the event by placing a banner on your site anyway. 

Banners are free for the taking : 


34 comments:

  1. Girls, what are you doing to me?!

    My "Charlie Chan in Hollywood" from the last go-round is like the perfect child. I can't imagine another, but I can't imagine not participating. I gotta think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course you can imagine another, CW! The moment you start thinking you'll find hundreds of imaginary films patiently sitting on the shelf in your brain.

      Delete
  2. Oh man!! I'm already doing two blogathons during those days but I HAVE to participate since I didn't have a movie blog back when you had the first one!!! Plus I already dreamed a classic movie once and tried to write it down...

    Here's the link to my blog - http://phyllislovesclassicmovies.blogspot.com/

    Do I need to give you an actual title soon or is just my blog name fine?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to have you aboard Phyl! Titles/topics are not needed till the day of the blogathon so you have plenty of time to think up something good.

      Delete
    2. OK. Sign me up. I'm going to flesh out an idea I had for another short story (one that I may never write...) and use it for a fictional film noir/comedy.

      Delete
  3. In 1980, I took an English class in college. I was sitting next to a friend of my mother, and from one sentence she showed me I ad-libbed what was essentially a Twilight Zone episode. (It had a quirky TZ ending, anyway.) I could probably ad-lib a movie if I just had a sentence to go on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to come up with the starting sentence yourself, Quiggy....or better yet, pick your actors first and then decide what kind of movie you would really like to see them in.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Hoorah! Your post for the last Imaginary blogathon was super!

      Delete
    2. And how weird is it that I cast Alan Ladd as Hamlet... and now, three years later, I'm such a huge fan of his, but at the time, I just thought he was okay? Hee! I'm thinking of doing an Alan Ladd double feature this year... but being upfront about the fact that it's fake.

      Delete
  5. It's always an immensely entertaining blogathon! I'll have to see if I can come up with another novel idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! This looks so fun! If I can come up with somethng I will join!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course you can come up with something! The easiest way to jog your creativity is to think of a favorite actor/actress and ask, "What film do I wish they made?". Personally, I would have loved to see Errol Flynn make a jungle adventure film with Olivia DeHavilland.

      Delete
    2. Yes! Yes! Yes!! I can see we are going to get along. We both think there should be more movies with Errol Flynn and Olivia DeHavilland!!!!

      Delete
    3. So, I think I've got some thing!, MovieCritic at Movies Meet Their Match, https://moviesmeetmatch.blogspot.com

      Delete
  7. I've been waiting for you ladies to do this again! Please sign me up...I'll figure out something, trust me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! We know you'll think up something clever.

      Delete
    2. Okay..here's what I came up with--The Hitless Wonder Movie Blog presents Universal's 1940 adaptation of H.P. Lovecraft's "At the Mountains of Madness", starring Basil Rathbone, Boris Karloff, Bela Lugosi, Lionel Atwill, and George Zucco!

      Delete
    3. Perfect, Dan! I just knew you were going to do an imaginary Universal film. ;-)

      Delete
  8. I would like to write about a Downton Abbey movie made with actors from Old Hollywood like Vivien Leigh as Lady Mary.

    Thanks for the invite.

    ReplyDelete
  9. In case you missed my reply above (I replied to the wrong post) I'm working diligently to complete a plot to a film noir/comedy. It's coming along. I'm stymied at the moment, but I still have almost a month to finish it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A great idea, Quiggy. There have not been enough film noir/comedies made. I hope you are setting it in the late 1940s.

      Delete
  10. Hi, I'm Little Bits of Classics and I'd like to write about my perfect cast for Murder on the Orient Express! Great blogathon, by the way ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds like a lot of fun and I would love to participate. My blog is called Senseless Cinema and it is at www.senselesscinema.com.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have only just found this and I am SO in! My blog is Willawa and you can find it (and me) at https://willawa.blogspot.com.au/ I am so keen to finally be able to cast and direct a movie for one of my favourite books that somehow escaped being made into a film ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There have been a lot of books that needed to be made into a film ( and still have not )...we'd love to hear about your fantasy casting of your fav book. :-)

      Delete
  13. Hi Constance,

    I would love to join in. I have a few ideas in mind, but I'm still mulling over which one/

    ReplyDelete