Wednesday, September 18, 2019

From the Archives: The House of Seven Hawks ( 1959 )

"Just what does this paper mean?" Robert Taylor seems to be asking. It is obviously written in Dutch and he thinks the Frenchwoman Nicole Mauray would know Dutch....and he is correct, in "The House of Seven Hawks" ( 1959 ) she does! This film was one of Robert Taylor's lesser-known pictures, but it is a good mystery with some nice on-location filming in Holland. 

From the Archives is our latest series of posts where we share photos from the Silverbanks Pictures collection. Some of these may have been sold in the past, and others may still be available for purchase at our eBay store : http://stores.ebay.com/Silverbanks-Pictures

4 comments:

  1. I saw ROBERT TAYLOR in THE LAW AND JAKE WADE with RICHARD WIDMARK. I am a big fan of Widmark especially in westerns. I am also a big fan of MISS BARBARA STANWYCK who is the ex-wife of Taylor. Classic TV Fan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a good little running gag in "A Majority of One" ( 1961 ) about "The Law and Jake Wade". Ros Russell comes back from the theatre and comments how much she likes Robert Taylor and mentions "I think he is Jewish". Later in the film, the Japanese houseboy comes back from the theatre and comments about how much he likes Robert Taylor and says "I think he Japanese". I don't think either of them were right! It's funny how little lines like this stick in the head. But yes, Widmark was a great actor and I would have liked to see him do more comedy roles, he was excellent in "The Tunnel of Love".

      Delete
  2. I liked Nicole Maurey in this film. She made mostly French films, but I've seen her in LITTLE BOY LOST, HIGH TIME (both with Bing Crosby), and DAY OF THE TRIFFIDS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't she delightful? My sister and I have just been discovering her films this year. You must add "The Scapegoat" and "Me and the Colonel" to your list of Maurey films.

      Delete