Saturday, April 15, 2023

Film Albums: Richard Hayman Conducts the Great Motion Picture Themes of Victor Young


When I was hunting for the next album to feature in this Film Album series, I came across Richard Hayman's Victor Young album on Youtube and immediately thought "An old favorite!". I gave it a quick listen and sure enough, all of the songs were instantly remembered....but lo! when I looked for the album among my LPs it could not be found. Now I'm wondering whether I donated this gem to Goodwill by mistake.
 
Anyway, whether you have a copy of it in your record player or not, you can listen to it on Youtube and via the Internet Archive ( the links are below ) and enjoy some lovely orchestral arrangements of Victor Young film classics from the 1950s. 

The best part is the songs are not only arranged and conducted by Richard Hayman but feature his amazing harmonica solos. To be quite frank, I was sure it was a melodica that he was playing, but after a quick search online I found Richard Hayman is a harmonica virtuoso. Love Letters and Golden Earrings especially highlight his talented skill. 

Track Listing


Side One:

Alone at Last from Something to Live For

Wintertime of Love

Around the World in 80 Days

Golden Earrings

Love Letters

Stella by Starlight - Theme from The Uninvited

Side Two:

When I Fall in Love from Senior Prom

A Love Like This from For Whom the Bells Toll

Moonlight Serenade

My Foolish Heart

Song of Delilah - Love Theme from Samson and Delilah

The Seven Hills of Rome

Top Music Picks: Alone at Last, Golden Earrings, Love Letters, Stella by Starlight


Click here to listen to the album on Youtube. 
Click here to listen to the album via The Internet Archive.

No comments:

Post a Comment